[texworks] TeXWorks file associations and uninstall

georgh at posteo.de georgh at posteo.de
Mon Aug 17 16:29:17 CEST 2020

After installing MiKTeX all .tex and .sty files are associated with TeXWorks
and for some reason it is not possible to simply switch to another editor as
the default app. When I choose another editor as the default app the files
are still associated with TeXWorks. - Why is this? Does TeXWorks overwrite
these changes?? How can I fix this?

Also, how can I uninstall TeXWorks without uninstalling MiKTeX??

Thanks!!

Georg

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.6.5r.649699a0
MiKTeX version   : MiKTeX 20.7
Install location : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX
2.9/miktex/bin/x64/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : [omitted]
pdfTeX location  : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/x64/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, build 17134
Qt version       : 5.15.0 (build) / 5.15.0 (runtime)