[texworks] Issue with the shorcut customization in TexWorks

Wilson Guillín Estrada wilson-2903 at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 20:34:22 CEST 2020

Hello, I hope you're fine. The main subject of this mail, is to find a solution for an issue in my installation of Texworks; as my PC's keyboard doesn't have a specific button doesn't have a dedicated key for the "]" symbol, which is imperative for the "comment/uncomment" shortcut, I tried to customize it using an easier key combination (such as Ctrl+D). However, I followed your instruction manual (the shortcuts.ini file), and it keeps the default key combination, even if I restart TexWorks. In this specific case, ¿can you give me advice for the customization?
Thanks in advance.

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.6.5 (MiKTeX 2.9.7440 64-bit)
Install location : C:/Users/Wilson G. Estrada/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/x64/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : C:/Users/Wilson G. Estrada/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/TeXworks/0.6\
pdfTeX location  : C:/Users/Wilson G. Estrada/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/x64/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Service Pack 1, build 7601
Qt version       : 5.12.5 (build) / 5.12.4 (runtime)