[texworks] Issue with the shorcut customization in TexWorks

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:56:49 CEST 2020

Hi,

On 18.05.20 20:34, Wilson Guillín Estrada wrote:

> as my PC’s keyboard doesn’t have a specific button doesn’t have a
> dedicated key for the “]” symbol, which is imperative for the
> “comment/uncomment” shortcut, I tried to customize it using an easier
> key combination (such as Ctrl+D). However, I followed your instruction
> manual (the shortcuts.ini file), and it keeps the default key
> combination, even if I restart TexWorks.

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem. For me, it works as
expected. So:
* What did you put in shortcuts.ini? Is it the line "actionComment =
Ctrl+D"?
* Where did you put the shortcuts.ini file? Is it in the
<resources>/configuration folder, where <resources> is the folder shown
next to "Resources:" when clicking on Help > Settings and Resources...?
(note that you seem to be using MiKTeX's version of TeXworks, which
could have paths different from those documented in the manual to better
fit the MiKTeX folder structure)

HTH,