[texworks] Error with every LaTex-Distribution (ifpdftex already defined)

baluyellow at web.de baluyellow at web.de
Wed Apr 8 23:48:02 CEST 2020

Hello guys,

I am not certain how to write this mail, but I will try my best. I have a recurring error. I tried uninstalling and installing my distribution (first MikTeX, then TeXLive). The error reads as follows : "

! LaTeX Error: Command \ifpdftex already defined.

Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual. "

The problem seems to be in the pdfcprot-package. In MikTeX as well as TeXLive I was not able to remove the package since its essential. I tried the  " \let\ifpdftex\relax" solution I found on the internet but no results so far. I am farily new to the subject so I might be missing a point. I really dont understand how its possible to have a package double defined after uninstalling everything and even changing the source of the package. Here is my preamble:

\documentclass[

a4paper,

12pt,

twoside,

headsepline,

footsepline,

captions=tableheading, %Überschrift über Tabelle (nicht unter)

]{scrartcl}

\brokenpenalty=10000

%\usepackage[style=chem-acs]{biblatex} %Falls Referenzen mitthilfe von biblatex angelegt werden wollen

\usepackage{floatrow}

\floatsetup[table]{style=plaintop}

\floatsetup[longtable]{LTcapwidth=table}

\usepackage{siunitx}

\sisetup{exponent-product = \cdot, output-product = \cdot, separate-uncertainty=true}

\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}

\usepackage{grffile}

\usepackage{graphicx} %Bilder einbinden

\usepackage[dvipsnames]{xcolor}

\usepackage{chemfig}

\definesubmol\nobond{-[3,0.2,,,draw=none]}

\usepackage{pgfplots}

\usetikzlibrary{babel}

\usepackage{amsmath}

\usepackage{calc}

\usepackage{FP}

\usepackage{placeins}

\usepackage{pgfplotstable}

\usepackage{verbatim}

% recommended:

\usepackage{booktabs}

\setlength\heavyrulewidth{0.4pt}

\setlength\lightrulewidth{0.4pt}

\usepackage{array}

\usepackage{colortbl}

\usepackage{csvsimple}

\usepackage{amssymb}

\usepackage{longtable}

\usepackage{geometry}

\usepackage{enumerate}

\usepackage{ae}

\usepackage[activate]{pdfcprot}

\usepackage{setspace}

\usepackage{fontspec}

%\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

\usepackage{scrlayer-scrpage}

\usepackage{mhchem}

\usepackage{subcaption}

\usepackage{caption}

\captionsetup{labelfont={bf,it},tablename=Tab.,figurename=Fig.}

\captionsetup[table]{singlelinecheck=false,justification=justified}

\captionsetup[figure]{justification=justified}

I would really appreciate an answer. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Noah Spitzner