[texshop] TeXShop 4.13

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Oct 13 20:15:31 CEST 2018

> On 13 Oct 2018, at 17:02, Gary L. Gray <glgray at me.com> wrote:
>
> Speaking of fonts, if you use Menlo, then you should check out Meslo, which is a customized version Menlo that increases the line spacing. It also has a version with a dotted zero instead of zero with a diagonal line. It is my go-to font for everything code related and for email.
>
> https://github.com/andreberg/Meslo-Font

I forgot: if you're interested in such subtle font aspects, then you might check also Lucida Console DK, which is part of TUG's Lucida OpenType package <http://tug.org/store/lucida/opentype.html>.

It is a customized version of Lucida Grande Mono DK specially designed for console apps. To that effect, it has shorter capitals.

The zero is not dotted nor slashed. "Slashed Zero" is available as a typographic extra, but when I select it in Apple's font picker it doesn't appear in TeXShop.

However, the O and Q letters have the super-elliptic design championed by Don Knuth (hence the DK in the font name)

http://tug.org/TUGboat/tb34-2/tb107bigelow-zero.pdf
http://tug.org/TUGboat/tb35-3/tb111knut-zero.pdf
http://tug.org/TUGboat/tb36-3/tb114bigelow.pdf

so they are easily distinguished from the 0 digit. See also

http://tug.org/store/lucida/opentype-dk.html

Attached are screnshots of the same text in Menlo

and Lucida Console DK

You really need a trained eye to see the differences.

Bruno