[texshop] TeXShop 4.13

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Oct 13 19:01:28 CEST 2018

> On 13 Oct 2018, at 17:02, Gary L. Gray <glgray at me.com> wrote:
>
> Speaking of fonts, if you use Menlo, then you should check out Meslo, which is a customized version Menlo that increases the line spacing. It also has a version with a dotted zero instead of zero with a diagonal line. It is my go-to font for everything code related and for email.
>
> https://github.com/andreberg/Meslo-Font

Another font I like is SF Mono, used in Terminal and Xcode (SF Mono Regular and Medium, 11 or 12). However, unlike the other San Francisco fonts inside /System/Fonts, they are embedded within the apps themselves and aren't available at the OS level.

Moreover their license prohibits explicitly their use with non-Apple apps:

"This SF Mono Font (the “Apple Font”) is licensed to you by Apple Inc. (“Apple”) in consideration of your agreement to the following terms. If you do not agree with these terms, do not use the Apple Font.

You may use the Apple Font solely in conjunction with Apple-branded applications, including, but not limited to, Xcode, Terminal.app and Console.app. You may not embed or use the Apple Font in or with any other software applications or programs or other products and you may not use the Apple Font to create, develop, display or otherwise distribute any content, documentation, artwork or any other work product.

You may use the Apple Font only for the purposes described in this License or as otherwise expressly permitted by Apple in writing."

What a shame!

Bruno