[External] problem with updmap

Goodman, Frederick M goodman at uiowa.edu
Thu Dec 15 01:59:41 CET 2022

Thanks.   I prefer to continue doing it as I indicated.  I’ve been doing it that way for a decade at least, and it is the way recommended here: https://tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html.  The fonts are installed in the texmf-local tree.

The command invocation was as indicated.  In fact, I just cut and paste from my notes which I use every year when I install the new texlive. But I agree with you that the command seems not to be parsed correctly, and the mystery I’d like to clear up is why.

updmap is actually a perl script, and it could conceivably have to do with apple having changed the perl implementation.  But I also tried to force the use of perl 5.18, and that didn’t make any difference.

Thanks again, Fred