[texhax] Changing \skip\footins locally

Yannis Haralambous yannis.haralambous at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Feb 11 12:12:47 CET 2009

I would like to fit an extra line of text in a specific page with
footnotes. When I attempt to change \skip\footins on that page only,
it has no effect whatsoever. I realized that only when I change \skip
\footins in the LaTeX preamble it has some effect on the typeset result.

How can I change locally (for one page only) the blank space between
text and footnote so that I can fit an additional line of text on that
page, without changing footnote behaviour for the rest of the document?

Thanks in advance

Yannis