[texdoc] Persuading TeXdoc to display a file that is not in the TeX Live hierarchy

Takuto ASAKURA tkt.asakura at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:24:03 CEST 2022

Hi Philip,

Texdoc can search and open the files outside of TeX Live. It searches all TEXMF trees that appear in the TEXDOCS variable. But please be aware that those trees should conform to the TDS structure. Otherwise, its searching and scoring mechanism won't work correctly.

Meanwhile, adding a variant of the alias feature to specify absolute paths is on our TODO list.

Best,
Takuto