[texdoc] Persuading TeXdoc to display a file that is not in the TeX Live hierarchy

Philip Taylor (Small Acres) P.Taylor at Trezaise.Uk
Thu Aug 4 00:58:05 CEST 2022

As I choose not to install TeXworks as a part of my TeX Live
installation, installing it instead from the TeXworks repository, TeXdoc
does not find the file "TeXworks-manual/en/index.html" and instead displays

> mtx-texworks(1) TeXworks Startup Script mtx-texworks(1)
I can find no guidance for including a path in an "alias" entry in
TeXdoc.cnf, where I would /like/to write something along the lines of

> alias TeXworks = C:\TeX\Works\texworks-help\TeXworks-manual\en

and wonder whether this is in fact possible.  Many thanks in advance for
any advice or help offered.

--
/Philip Taylor/