[tex4ht] ODT fixes

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 19:56:57 CEST 2018

Hi all,

I am playing with the ODT output and the OdfValidator [1]. The
validator reported lot of bugs for the tex4ht output. Main issue were
wrong DTD declarations, missing mimetype file and lot of issues with
Math - wrong mime type, issues caused by math: prefix etc. I hope that
I fixed all of these issues in the sources, except for the mimetype
file, which is added only by make4ht, so mk4ht oolatex may still
produce an invalid file.

One quite positive thing is that I was now able to open an ODT file
with math in MS Word. It didn't work up until now because of a wrong
mimetype reported for the math directories. So it is no longer
necessary to use LibreOffice to fix ODT files produced by tex4ht. Word
nevertheless ate a space before inline math for my test file,
LIbreOffice can display it correctly, so it may be a bug in Word.
I will not have access to a Windows computer for next four weeks, so I
won't make more tests in this regard with Word.

I also tried to convert the ODT file to DOCX using Pandoc, but it
reported that it cannot parse the ODT file. It works for LO files,
though. Maybe we miss more metadata files.

Sample ODT file is attached.

Best regards,

[1] https://odfvalidator.org/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: minimal.odt
Type: application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
Size: 7913 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://tug.org/pipermail/tex4ht/attachments/20180704/b3248613/attachment.odt>

More information about the tex4ht mailing list