TeX Live Shell: no appropriate script or program found: fmtutil

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Jun 11 20:32:42 CEST 2024

On Sun, Jun 09, 2024 at 10:45:56PM +0800, zousiyu1995 wrote:
> Dear TeX Live develop group,
>

> When I regenerate the formats or fontmaps using the TeX Live
> Shell, the output shows "no appropriate script or program found:
> fmtutil". The full output is as follows,
>

> Rebuilding formats...
> C:\texlive\2024\bin\windows\runscript.tlu:938:
> C:\texlive\2024\bin\windows\runscript.tlu:861: no appropriate
> script or program found: fmtutil
>

> My TeX Live version is 2024 and I have updated all packages to the
> latest. I'm not sure what causes this problem. Looking forward to
> your reply. I can provide you with more information.

This should not have happened.

- What happens if you run from a command prompt 'fmtutil-sys --all'
- What is the search path?
- Are fmtutil.exe, fmtutil-sys.exe and fmtutil-user.exe all present
  in C:\texlive\2024\bin\windows?
- is fmtutil.pl present in C:\texlive\2024\texmf-dist\scripts\texlive?

--
Siep Kroonenberg