TeX Live Shell: no appropriate script or program found: fmtutil

zousiyu1995 zousiyu1995 at outlook.com
Sun Jun 9 16:45:56 CEST 2024

Dear TeX Live develop group,

When I regenerate the formats or fontmaps using the TeX Live Shell, the output shows "no appropriate script or program found: fmtutil". The full output is as follows,

Rebuilding formats...
C:\texlive\2024\bin\windows\runscript.tlu:938: C:\texlive\2024\bin\windows\runscript.tlu:861: no appropriate script or program found: fmtutil

My TeX Live version is 2024 and I have updated all packages to the latest. I'm not sure what causes this problem. Looking forward to your reply. I can provide you with more information.

Best regards,

Siyu Zou