[tex-hyphen] I am coding a mobile that uses TeX hyphen file...

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 8 17:48:17 CEST 2021

On 10/8/2021 5:39 PM, Christopher Camacho wrote:

> That would mean I would have to make my product open source but as I
> have been working on my product since April at my own expense, I am very
> unwilling to do that.

not the stongest argument as most here develop open source at their own
expense ... (and probably for a longer period too)

> I worked briefly for Samsung in Staines and they were almost paranoid
> about the GPL licence.
>
> If my product makes money, I am very willing to contribute to TUG but I
> simply can’t afford to have my product open source.
why not take the ones from

https://github.com/LibreOffice/dictionaries

maybe not in sync with the ones that tex ships but who cares about a few
differences here and there

maybe they have more liberal licenses (as i'm probably even less fond of
looking into license stuff than Phil I didn't look into them)

Hans