[pstricks] Support question

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 27 16:48:27 CET 2021

Am 27.03.21 um 15:51 schrieb Wallace, Patrick (STFC,RAL,RALSP):
> Unfortunately I am running under Windows, so your instructions
> either do not apply or will be different.
>
> I use also Linux platforms (and for that matter macOS) but want this
> to work under Windows.  I searched for an instance of dvipdfmx.cfg
> on my Windows system but found none, so it is likely MiKTeX sets up
> the software differently on this platform.

the config file is under C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\dvipdfm\config
and MiKTeX also should have a local directory for packages. However,
you can copy the current dvipdfmx.cfg to dvipdfmx.cfg.orig and put
the new one in there.

> Did the dvipdfmx.cfg that you attached embody some diagnosis of the
> problem I encountered?  It's conceivable that if I know more about
> that (some missing file for instance) I might be able to mend the
> Windows installation.

There was a change in the behaviour of the GhostScript run, it is now
called with -dSAFER which doesn't allow loading external files which is
the default for PSTricks (the pro-files).

Herbert