[pgf-tikz] CTAN Upload: pgf

Henri Menke ctan at henrimenke.de
Tue Dec 1 15:00:20 CET 2020

Dear CTAN,

>    petra at comedy:/home/ftpmaint/limbo$ gpg --verify
> pgf_3.1.7a.ctan.flatdir.zip.sig
>    gpg: assuming signed data in 'pgf_3.1.7a.ctan.flatdir.zip'
>    gpg: Signature made Tue 01 Dec 2020 12:30:08 PM CET
>    gpg:                using RSA key 41648B8DA06BD48CDBB622B1B6682EA70DAF83D4
>    gpg: Good signature from "pgf-tikz at tug.org" [unknown]
>    gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!
>    gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
>    Primary key fingerprint: 4164 8B8D A06B D48C DBB6  22B1 B668 2EA7 0DAF 83D4
>    petra at comedy:/home/ftpmaint/limbo$
>
>    Hoping that this is good enough.

Yes, this looks fine.  I also confirm this fingerprint with the secret key.

>  More feedback to submitter:
>
>  (1) Please note that the name of the uploader is not "github-actions"
>      but (hopefully!) "Henri Menke".

I would like to leave the submitter as "github-actions" because this package is
directly submitted from the build pipeline, and since I am not the only one with
direct push access there is no guarantee that it is actually me pressing the
button.  Possibly I could use the committer field of the most recent commit if
that is more to your liking.

>  (2) Should "Henri Menke" not be named in doc/AUTHORS ?

Thanks, this file should just go.  The authors can also be listed from the git
log, so there is no need to duplicate this information.  I've removed it for the
next release.

>  (3) README, line 29: `http://pgf-tikz.github.io/pgf/tlnet: 404 Not Found`

Yes, there is in fact no top-level index.html file (because this is a TeX Live
repo and not a website), but try for instance accessing the repo index
https://pgf-tikz.github.io/pgf/tlnet/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

>  (4) doc/CTAN_NOTES.md is virtually empty  —  is it really needed?

The contents of CTAN_NOTES.md are appended to the upload form in the build
pipeline.  Most of the time this will be empty anyway, so I'll remove it again
for the next release.

>  (5) doc/README seems to be a truncated version of ./README.
>      Could it be eliminated?
>      https://ctan.org/file/help/ctan/CTAN-upload-addendum#uniquefilenames
>      (although there is no way this notion of "unique filenames"
>       could be applied to this package as a whole ...)

Thanks, I've removed it for the next release.

Kind regards,
Henri