[pdftex] foreign letter in text

David Carlisle david.carlisle at nag.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 19:53:22 CEST 2024

On 02/07/2024 18:30, Aleks Kleyn wrote:
\documentclass{amsbook}
\usepackage{cmap}
\usepackage[T2A,T2B]{fontenc}
\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}
\selectlanguage{russian}

\begin{document}
\renewcommand\chaptername{Дневник поиска}%
\chapter{Булеановы алгебры}
\section{Порождённые отображения}
text
\end{document}

It's a bug in the class, it should never apply \uppercase to user input as it will break the encoding support.

If you patch it to use \MakeUppercase you get

[cid:part1.M8VQsQqQ.W4Ksm4E8 at nag.co.uk]

\documentclass{amsbook}

\usepackage{etoolbox}
\makeatletter
\patchcmd\@makechapterhead{\uppercase\@xp}{\MakeUppercase}
                      {\typeout{patched}}{\typeout{notpatched}}
\makeatother
\usepackage[T2A,T2B]{fontenc}

\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}

\selectlanguage{russian}

\begin{document}

\renewcommand\chaptername{Дневник поиска}%

\chapter{Булеановы алгебры}

\section{Порождённые отображения}

text

\end{document}

Disclaimer

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is: 30 St. Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LE, United Kingdom. Please see our Privacy Notice <https://www.nag.com/content/privacy-notice> for information on how we process personal data and for details of how to stop or limit communications from us.

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses and malware by Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP)