[pdftex] foreign letter in text

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at MailAPS.org
Tue Jul 2 19:30:47 CEST 2024

I converted files to UTF-8 and got very unexpected output

\documentclass{amsbook}

\usepackage{cmap}

\usepackage[T2A,T2B]{fontenc}

\usepackage[english,russian]{babel}

\selectlanguage{russian}

\begin{document}

\renewcommand\chaptername{Дневник поиска}%

\chapter{Булеановы алгебры}

\section{Порождённые отображения}

text

\end{document}

You that chapter is printed very interesting way. I think before somebody makes so dramatic change in source input, this should very careful tested. I do not tell that during our life we accumulate a lot of source files and we need to be sure that even when we finish our way, somebody should be able to work with these files.

Aleks Kleyn

 <http://alekskleyn.dyndns-home.com:4080/> http://alekskleyn.dyndns-home.com:4080/

 <http://sites.google.com/site/alekskleyn/> http://sites.google.com/site/AleksKleyn/

 <http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1> http://arxiv.org/a/kleyn_a_1