[pdftex] truncated stdout output

blumens at fi.muni.cz blumens at fi.muni.cz
Fri Jul 12 12:15:56 CEST 2024

Hello,

not sure this is the right place to report bugs in pdftex.

For some time (perhaps a year or two) I noticed that sometimes pdflatex
truncates its output to stdout. (The log file is complete though.) The
bug does not always happen, but frequently.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

As it just happened again, I counted how many bytes were written to
stdout: it were 35010. (It happened on page 600 of my document.) At that
time there were 144696 bytes written to the log file. The complete log
file has 173228 bytes. The next byte to be written to stdout would have
been 0x9d.

I'm using the official texlive package for ArchLinux.

Any other kind of information you need?

Achim