[OS X TeX] TeXShop on Monterey: weird behavior?

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:16:17 CET 2022

Hi all,

I can add a bit more to my experience, as I can now generate this situation
on demand. Here's how:

1. Open TeXShop
2. Don't open a file: just keep the blank "untitled" window
3. Restart the computer

After the computer restarts, there are two TeXShop windows ... the original
untitled window and a second window, in gray. There appears to be no other
way to remove the gray window other than to force quit.

This sounds like a crazy situation I'm describing, but bear in mind I've
been having a lot of troubles with my Mac crashing recently and then
rebooting. (For those interested, this started when I got a "Volume Hash
Mismatch" error. That's an entirely different story with no clear
resolution.)

So, in summary, this isn't a huge problem for me, but I thought it might be
worth mentioning.

Bill Slough