[lucida] Width of <, > and = differ

Mikael Sundqvist mickep at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 22:30:08 CET 2022

Hi!

This is my first email to this list, so I start by saying "hi" to all
fellow Lucida lovers out there. I'm a Swedish mathematician, also
interested in typesetting.

I am using Lucida Math OT, version 1.802. While aligning some
equations, I noticed that the width of the bounding box of <, > and =
are not the same. Is this on purpose? In fact, I noticed that:

* If ss03 is not enabled, then the width of the bounding boxes of all
the typical relation symbols are the same except for  < and >, which
have a slightly smaller width.

* If ss03 is enabled, we get smaller relation signs (no surprise), but
this time the = stand out with a larger width than all the others
(that I tested).

I attached (I hope that is OK) a pdf file that shows this.

Best regards, Mikael