[luatex] luatex doesn't set /Smask in pdf 2.0

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 30 18:25:27 CEST 2021

On 6/30/2021 5:58 PM, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 4:55 PM Ulrike Fischer <luatex at nililand.de
> <mailto:luatex at nililand.de>> wrote:
>
>     I don't think that anything changed compared to 1.7. I didn't check
>     the full reference, but the SMask entry simply says
>
>     SMask stream (Optional; PDF 1.4) ....
>
>     I guess that the test was added to handle PDF <1.4 and
>     simply wasn't adapted when the major version was added.
>

> The point is always the same: without a public 2.0 reference, we can
> make patches here and there
> while waiting for the next failure.
We can probably gamble that version 2 supports it so we could add some
"or version > 2" to the test but indeed 'no standard on our machines'
maans 'no testing' and no recent acrobat on our machines means 'no
testing if a patch works either' ... no way we're going to subscribe to
some monthly adobe service for tools we don't really need nor can afford
to pay for the rest of our life just for the sake of maintaining free
software.