[luatex] luatex doesn't set /Smask in pdf 2.0

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 18:17:22 CEST 2021

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 at 16:59, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 4:55 PM Ulrike Fischer <luatex at nililand.de> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think that anything changed compared to 1.7. I didn't check
>> the full reference, but the SMask entry simply says
>>
>> SMask stream (Optional; PDF 1.4) ....
>>
>> I guess that the test was added to handle PDF <1.4 and
>> simply wasn't adapted when the major version was added.
>

> The point is always the same: without a public 2.0 reference, we can make patches here and there
> while waiting for the next failure.

I agree that the lack of a public reference is a pain (although some
of us have a reference that doesn't really help you)  but I think here
you don't really need a reference as it doesn't depend on the pdf 2
text.

No numeric comparison of minor version makes sense in isolation now
majorversion isn't the constant 1.
Any test  of the form
if pdfminorversion < zz  do something
needs to be
if (pdfminorversion < zz and pdfmajorversion ==1 ) do something

David