[luatex] about calling of \everypar command after end of the list.

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 23:40:50 CEST 2020

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 at 22:24, Alexander Kozlovskiy <k.sasha1994 at yandex.ru>
wrote:

> Hello everybody. I haven't any answers on my questions, which i asked in

previous email,so As i understood,almost nobody knows,

No it is simply completely off topic here, this list is about luatex and
your question is about latex applies equally to all the tex engines.

> why after end of
> the list \everypar not call,even if i write \after end of the list
> \everypar{\some_command},

 As I tried to show in the stackexchange answer the other day, it is called
but it is empty at that point.

but after changes,which proposed David
> Carlisle,,for each paragraph instead of \everypar it calls \myeverypar.
> Yes,it seems,what all works ok,but i want to know,whether is issue of
> latex 2,which david solved,using this changes. If this really
> issue,where i can open it?

It is not an issue that needs solving, it is by design.  \everypar is not a
user level command it is a low level tex primitive and latex uses it to
accomplish the shaping of list item, and so the values you entered are
lost. I showed how you can set things up to preserve your tokens without
breaking the list implementation.

> Please forgive me for my intrusiveness,but i
> want not only use code,which works,but also understand,why it so works.
> Thanks everybody very much for any very detaile explanation.

David