[luatex] This is LuaHBTeX, Version 1.12.0 -- lualatex.fmt was written by luatex

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Wed Jun 24 19:44:19 CEST 2020

Am Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:45:57 +0200 schrieb Knut Petersen:

> Then I changed the lualtex entry in /etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
> to "lualatex lua*hb*tex language.dat,language.dat.lua
> lualatex.ini" and started "fmtutil --all" again. That fixed the
> problem, but I suspect that I only found a quick workaround.

> Is this a general TeXLive 2020 problem or an openSuSE bug?

It is not a general texlive problem. It works fine for me and for
lots of other people.

I don't know your OS but  /etc/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf sounds like a
local, older fmtutil.cnf, and adapting it to the new luahbtex engine
is the right thing to do (or perhaps you should check, why you have
this fmtutil.cnf and if it is still needed at all).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/