[latexrefman] About Font styles (unconditional commands)

Pablo González L pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Fri Dec 18 17:48:56 CET 2020

Hello again, I have a couple of doubts/suggestions with section 4.2
Font styles.

1. There is a paragraph that calls my attention and it is
the one related to "The unconditional commands", from my point of view
(maybe it is wrong) and according to what I have read in
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/304314/7832) these commands are not
part of the LaTeX kernel and they are dependent of each class, could
you reformulate this section?

2. There is a mention of the (obsolete) \cal command which is not a
LaTeX command as such and works only in math mode
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/84043/7832)
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/402330/7832)

3. The paragraph related to \emph is no longer valid :) according to
LaTeX News , February 2020 (texdoc ltnews, "Handling of nested
emphasis", p51).

Pablo