[dvipdfmx] Invalid font: -1 (0) error message is opaque

Shunsaku Hirata shunsaku.hirata74 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:25:41 CEST 2021

This error is unrelated to Type 1 vs. OTF/TTF format and only
occurs in very unusual situations (should not happen).

There seems to be some bug introduced by the change:
http://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/texk/dvipdfm-x/pdfdev.c?r1=57915&r2=58110

Probably, Type 1 font support for XeTeX is currently broken?

I will inspect it further this weekend.

Thanks,
Shunsaku Hirata