[dvipdfmx] Invalid font: -1 (0) error message is opaque

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Sep 23 00:01:18 CEST 2021

I suggest that it would be nice if the error message
  xdvipdfmx:fatal: Invalid font: -1 (0)

could be improved to describe the actual error, like (I guess?)
  "Type 1 font (/where/ever/foo.pfb) found when OTF/TTF expected"

For the whole thread, see
https://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2021-September/025322.html

Thanks,
Karl