[accessibility] Seeking Help for Producing Accessible PDF

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 20:11:13 CEST 2021

Thank you for this Boris. You wrote:

2.  After I've run pdflatex on your file, I've got a PDF that probably
>     does not have the problems with ligatures.  Please check
>     termpaper-corrected.tex & termpaper-corrected.pdf

I've checked. I searched both before and after for "fi" in my PDF viewer
(evince on Ubuntu). Before I only got an "fi" when the "f" was uppercase.
After I got them all.

However, we have to compare the log files before concluding that it was
your changes to the TeX source that produced the improvement (rather than a
different TeX environment).

We have at least proof that we can typeset Sanchit's source document and
get a PDF for which the "fi" ligature shows up in a search for "fi". That's
already good progress. Thank you.

Jonathan