[yandytex] dviwindo problem

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 11 14:39:19 CET 2008

Herbert Gintis wrote:
 > Dear Y and Y'r,
 >         Running Windows Vista, I have used Y & Y  without problems.
 > Suddenly, dviwindo started producing zero-length .ps files, reporting no
 > error. I tell dviwindo to send the file to a PS printer, but check the
 > Write to File box (alt-l).
 >         Stranger, even, if I transfer the .dvi file to another
 > directory, it works fine (some directories work and some do not).
 >         Does anyone know what this about?
 >
 > Best,
 >
 > Herb

Hi there. Have you by chance looked in the dviwindo.ini file? I think it
logs info on the latest processing and printing runs, so perhaps
there are some additional clues there?

Something must've changed on you ... did another application use the
PS printer between the times that Y&Y was doing ok and now? Is it
possible the other app's requirements have somehow lingered in the
printer's memory?

Now, I'm no techie, ok!! But on occasion my flailing questions do seem
to thwack something ... of course, often they're no more than flailing
questions ... ;-)