[yandytex] lucimatx.sty

Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mon Oct 22 16:26:30 CEST 2007

You don't find lucimatx.sty there because it's a product of PCTeX, Inc.,
that ships with the Lucida fonts supplied by that company.

Best of luck trying to get it to work with the Lucida fonts in Y & Y
TeX!  So far as I am aware, nobody has been able to do that, or if they
have they haven't let anybody else know EXACTLY how!.

I posted queries to this list before about how to do it, and nobody
really seemed to know what to do to get it to work.  Lots of
explanations were offered about how fonts work in Y&Y, and suggestions
made to read this or that part of documentation about fonts, Y&Y, etc.
But still this has been of no use -- at least to me.

If you can find out, PLEASE let everybody know here!  The lucimatx style
file is much nicer to use to control details of Lucida fonts.  There's
no problem using it with MiKTeX (and, of course, with PCTeX).  But I'd
really like to use it with Y&Y, since still Y&Y has the fastest
previewer of any Windows-based TeX I have used.  And, unfortunately or
fortunately, the way Y&Y handles fonts is arcane and marches to a
different drummer than other distributions.