[yandytex] DVIWindo font error messages

J. R. Setti jrasetti at usp.br
Thu Apr 26 21:34:52 CEST 2007

Fellow Y&Y TeXers,

Is there a way of turning off DVIwindo font error messages?
I have a few OpenType fonts installed in my computer that apparently have
some error in their naming which DVIwindo dutifully points out, for each one
of them, along with a suggestion to use setupttf.exe to fix them. I tried to
use setupttf, but it apparently is pre-OTF and does not work on .otf fonts.
I tried to delete the files and reinstall the fonts using Windows at no
avail.
I have never used those fonts with TeX and do not intend to do so. So, if I
could just turn off the 17 consecutive warnings I get when opening the first
.dvi file...

Thanks for any help,

--jrs.