[yandytex] DVIWindo font error messages

Ganz, Frank, Springer US Frank.Ganz at springer.com
Thu Apr 26 22:07:05 CEST 2007

Dear J.R.,

I have the same issue. I just hit cancel each time I open a file. It
does then quit instead of showing all fonts it has a problem with.
That's not too bad. If TTF fonts are not part of your document, and
Y&YTeX for sure does not support TTF, why wouldn't it be safe to ignore,
esp. if you consider that Y&YTeX package predates most recent versions
of Windows? That's why I would not advice to follow the suggestion in
the error message even.

Another option is, if the fonts are never used, you might just uninstall
them. I believe you could drag and drop them elsewhere, so that you
could install them again, should you need them in future.

All of this is probably not very satisfying. Maybe somebody else knows
better. I'd be happy to learn about it, too.

Thanks,
Frank