[yandytex] the original Y&Y's mathtime font package(complete) vs MTPro2

Jochen Autschbach jautschbach at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 13 16:24:28 CEST 2007

As Lance already mentioned, the mtpro2 fonts work fine with Y&Y tex, and whatever I copy from dviwindo to PP looks fine in PP. (There is one character (\otimes) that doesn't show up properly in the pdf even when I use Y&Y's MathTime but with mtpro2 it's most of the math glyphs.) Are there "windows standard" and nonstandard character numberings (is this called encoding?) for the mathtime and mtpro2 type1 fonts which don't get translated properly via the metafile copy&paste mechanism? Would there be a way to let the pdf generator (I use Acrobat) know which one to use? To me it seems that the wrong character out of the correct font shows up in the PDF.

Jochen