[yandytex] Lucida fonts with lucimatx in YandY: TeX's OK, preview bombs

Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mon Mar 20 17:43:52 CET 2006

What would get renamed to what under your suggestion?  The newly
distributed Lucida pfb's and pfm's have the following names:

     lbc.pfm   and lbc.pfb
     lbd.pfm   etc.
     lbdi.pfm
     lbdsc.pfm
     lbh.pfm
     lbi.pfm
     lbki.pfm
     lbkr.pfm
     lbl.pfm
     lbma.pfm
     lbmad.pfm
     lbmd.pfm
     lbmdi.pfm
     lbmdo.pfm
     lbme.pfm
     lbmi.pfm
     lbmo.pfm
     lbmr.pfm
     lbms.pfm
     lbmsd.pfm
     lbr.pfm
     lbrsc.pfm
     lbsl.pfm
     lbtb.pfm
     lbtbo.pfm
     lbto.pfm
     lbtr.pfm
     lfd.pfm
     lfdi.pfm
     lfi.pfm
     lfr.pfm
     lsb.pfm
     lsbi.pfm
     lsd.pfm
     lsdi.pfm
     lsi.pfm
     lsr.pfm
     lstb.pfm
     lstbo.pfm
     lsto.pfm
     lstr.pfm

But the tfm's have names:

hlcbot8a.tfm
     hlcbot8c.tfm
     hlcbot8r.tfm
     hlcbot8t.tfm
     hlcbot8y.tfm
     hlcbt8a.tfm
     hlcbt8c.tfm
     hlcbt8r.tfm
     hlcbt8t.tfm
     hlcbt8y.tfm
     hlcda.tfm
     hlcdim.tfm
     hlcdima.tfm
     hlcdm.tfm
     hlcdy.tfm
     hlcra.tfm
     hlcrf8a.tfm
     hlcrf8c.tfm
     hlcrf8r.tfm
     hlcrf8t.tfm
     hlcrf8y.tfm
     hlcrie8a.tfm
     hlcrie8c.tfm
     hlcrie8r.tfm
     hlcrie8t.tfm
     hlcrie8y.tfm
     hlcrim.tfm
     hlcrima.tfm
     hlcrin8a.tfm
     hlcrin8c.tfm
     hlcrin8r.tfm
     hlcrin8t.tfm
     hlcrin8y.tfm
     hlcriw8a.tfm
     hlcriw8c.tfm
     hlcriw8r.tfm
     hlcriw8t.tfm
     hlcriw8y.tfm
     hlcrm.tfm
     hlcrn8a.tfm
     hlcrn8c.tfm
     hlcrn8r.tfm
     hlcrn8t.tfm
     hlcrn8y.tfm
     hlcrot8a.tfm
     hlcrot8c.tfm
     hlcrot8r.tfm
     hlcrot8t.tfm
     hlcrot8y.tfm
     hlcrt8a.tfm
     hlcrt8c.tfm
     hlcrt8r.tfm
     hlcrt8t.tfm
     hlcrt8y.tfm
     hlcrv.tfm
     hlcry.tfm
     hlhb8a.tfm
     hlhb8c.tfm
     hlhb8r.tfm
     hlhb8t.tfm
     hlhb8y.tfm
     hlhb9d.tfm
     hlhbc8a.tfm
     hlhbc8r.tfm
     hlhbc8t.tfm
     hlhbc8y.tfm
     hlhbc9d.tfm
     hlhbi8a.tfm
     hlhbi8c.tfm
     hlhbi8r.tfm
     hlhbi8t.tfm
     hlhbi8y.tfm
     hlhr8a.tfm
     :

And if I rename the pfb's and pfm's, then will they not stop working
with lucidmatx in MiKTeX and in PCTeX?

So I am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the lucimatx
macro that prevents it from working with Y&Y.

P.S. Note that I'm no longer seeing in the log any mention of lbd, lbi,
or lbr in the fonts.  (I did some refreshing of files.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305