[yandytex] refreshing psnfss in Y&Y TeX

Walter Schmidt w.a.schmidt at gmx.net
Fri Mar 17 17:35:00 CET 2006

Murray Eisenberg schrieb:
> I just tried to refresh the psnfss package, from CTAN, for Y&Y TeX (in
> the hope of getting to the bottom of why I cannot get the new Lucida
> fonts to work with Y&Y).  Now I cannot even process the test documents
> that come with psnfss.

The psnfss collection supports the use of certain Postscript fonts
from the non-TeX world with the encodings OT1, T1 and TS1.
However, this needs virtual fonts, so it CANNOT work with Y&Y-TeX.

Y&Y-TeX can use these fonts only with LY1 encoding, and AFAIK the
required support files are already built in.

Walter