[yandytex] Bad installation folder

Oguzhan Cifdaloz ocifdaloz at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 21 19:22:38 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

Please see my attached PDF.

Thank you,

Oguzhan Cifdaloz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ganz, Frank, Springer US
  To: Oguzhan Cifdaloz
  Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 7:00 AM
  Subject: RE: [yandytex] Bad installation folder

  Dear Oguzhan,

  The best way to troubleshoot any issue is for you to share step by step what you did exactly. You are telling us your assumption. If the assumption is wrong, you get wrong advice. You are making the assumption it is your installation CD. But I doubt it. My hunch is that instead you blame your installation CD because anytime during the installation process you encountered an error message that mentioned a CTAN folder. But there is no CTAN folder on a yandy installation CD. The whole application is under folder yandy, usually

  c:\yandy

  You are on Windows, right?
  Are you attempting to re-install Y&TTeX?
  Was there a different TeX application installed on it previously?

  And, again, tell us step by step what you did.

  My hunch is that there are traces of another TeX application still stored in the Windows registry, which now create a conflict.

  Thanks,
  Frank