[yandytex] Lucida support macros

Walter Schmidt w.a.schmidt at gmx.net
Fri Feb 3 20:42:45 CET 2006

Am 03.02.2006 um 20:00 schrieb Karl Berry:

> I don't think the "new" lucida fonts will work with yytex at all (as I
> say somewhere on the tug web pages, don't I?).  It uses virtual fonts
> and yytex doesn't support those.

Pardon me, but this might need a bit of clarification, IMO:

As long as you restrict yourself to LY1 encoding, there is absolutely no
reason why the "new" distribution should not work with Y&Y-TeX.(*)
After all, LY1 encoding goes without VFs.  However, users of Y&Y-TeX
will
not be able to profit from the improvements regarding the T1/TS1
encoding,
such as OsF support.

(*) I just can't tell you how to install it there!

On the other hand, the only "new" item in this scenario is the lucimatx
macro package, since the Type1 fonts themselves and the support files
for LY1 are unchanged, as compared with the latest (1999) distrib by
Y&Y.

Walter