[yandytex] Lucida support macros

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 3 20:00:11 CET 2006

Hi Murray,

    1. Where do I put what in the YandY directory tree in order to install
    the latest lucidabr package?

I don't think the "new" lucida fonts will work with yytex at all (as I
say somewhere on the tug web pages, don't I?).  It uses virtual fonts
and yytex doesn't support those.

        I already have the Y&Y-supplied Lucida family of fonts installed
    from years ago.

I don't think you need the current lucidabr at all.  The fonts (pfb's)
themselves are 100% the same as what yy distributed.  (If you want a
refund, let me know. :)

There were no significant changes to the lucidabr macros, either, that I
recall.  It was all documentation, etc.  Except maybe the oldstyle
number stuff, which gets back to needing virtual fonts ...

    2. Same question but for the PCTeX-supplied newer -- and, it seems to
    me, much more convenient -- Lucida support package lucimatx.

Have to ask pctex about that.  (Their pfb's are also 100% the same as
the old yy, BTW, we're all distributing the same thing at that level.)

    and, it seems to me, much more convenient

FWIW, I hope that Morten or another volunteer will be able to improve
lucidabr.dtx over time.

Thanks,
karl