No Math Screen Fonts on New Installation

Christina Thiele cthiele at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Mon May 9 11:11:08 CEST 2005

Herbert Gintis writes:

> Dear Y&Y'ers,
>          I just installed Y&Y 2.2 on a Windows XP laptop, and there are no
> Computer Modern screen fonts! The pdf output looks great. When I look at
> the "DVI File Fonts (^K)" on the Dviwindo menu, it shows the CM fonts as
> "texnansi", which I a sure is wrong, but I don't know how to change it.
>          Any ideas???
>
> Best,
>
> HG

Hi there!

I'm wondering ... isn't this a matter of perhaps not having ordered
the Type 1 CM fonts from Y&Y? That is, for Y&YTeX, the CM fonts were a
purchasable item, in order to get the Type 1 versions.

I'm pretty sure there's been mail in the past about how to acquire the
Type 1s from CTAN and then install them.

Perhaps someone else can point to an approximat date for when the
subject came up?