Line numbers in the final pdf file

Ashim at Ashim at
Thu Dec 15 13:07:46 CET 2005

I processed the file many times, without any luck.  I found that the areas
causing problem are

text text text text
%
\begin{equation}
\end{equation}
%
text text text text

The % signs are put so that the paragraph stays together and the line
following the equation is not indented.  This was suggested by a Guru.

When I put a blank line (instead of %), things work.  I still do not get
line numbers for figure captions.

Thanks.

Ashim

At 10:05 AM 12/15/2005, you wrote:
>Ashim Datta wrote:
>>I did and was shocked to see that it is skipping line numbers for entire
>>paragraphs every so often, apparently randomly.  I would really
>>appreciate if anyone else knows more about lineno.sty.
>>Ashim
>>At 12:56 AM 12/15/2005, you wrote:
>>
>>>Use "lineno.sty" and see documentation for more help
>>>
>>>Krishan
>

>Have you processed the file at least twice or three times? Like
>cross-references, it takes more than one pass to get all these things
>resolved. I don't use lineno.sty but another in-house package and it's
>always the same -- gotta run the thing at least three times (sometimes I
>have to do 4 runs ;-)).
>
>Also -- check your .log file, to see what it has to say.
>
>Ch.

Ashim K. Datta
Professor, Cornell University
Dept. of Biological and Environmental Engineering
Riley-Robb Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Tel: (607)255-2482; Fax: (607)255-4080
http://www.bee.cornell.edu/datta