Problem getting different-sized fences in Y&Y TeX

Mimi Burbank mimi at CSIT.FSU.EDU
Mon May 3 12:56:48 CEST 2004

Evidently, (according to an expert ;-))

the math extension things (that the extensible brackets and things
come from) don't work at sizes greater than 10pt, by default, in 2e.

so you need to define the sizes something along the lines of...

i.e.,   \big at 1.2 times the height
         \Big at 1.5 times    "
           \bigg at 2 times   "
           \Bigg at 2.5 times "

as an example, you can look at the   exscale.sty file on the
CTAN archives - but that is for CM fonts...

mimi