Problem getting different-sized fences in Y&Y TeX

Ganz, Frank, SV USA fganz at SPRINGER-NY.COM
Mon May 3 11:27:43 CEST 2004

Hi James,

If you get a distiction between \big \{ and \big | in 11 points, would you find it suitable to choose 11 point size and enlarge your document by 9%, which would give you 12 point actual size? All other dimensions could be adjusted accordingly. This sounds to me like the easiest way to go about it.

While I don't profess to know why you lose distinction, I assume that this is due to rounding issues and font size availability.

Check The TeXbook for all variants of \big. Another resource is The LaTeX Companion by Goosens, Samarin, and Mittelbach.

Thanks,
Frank