Problem getting different-sized fences in Y&Y TeX

David Cruickshank D.Cruickshank at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Tue May 4 12:25:38 CEST 2004

Jim,

Adding

\usepackage{amsmath}

to your preamble should do the trick.  Don't ask me why, though; it
just does.

Also, but not strictly relevant, if you use the \bigl, \bigm, and \bigr
versions of the commands, rather than just \big, you shouldn't need
to add so many extra \, and \! commands.

Regards,

David Cruickshank.