Problem getting different-sized fences in Y&Y TeX

James R. Wilson jwilson at EOS.NCSU.EDU
Mon May 3 11:11:05 CEST 2004

> You have to type the following:
>
>   \left (  ... \left \{ ... [ ... ] \right \} ... \right )
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Frank,

I want to be able to control the size myself.  If I do what you suggest,
in general I get fences that are much too big, and they are all the same
size.

Let me put the question another way: in 12-point type, I want to get

  \big \{

and

   \big |

that are VISUALLY distinguishable from their normalsize counterparts.
I can achieve this effect in 11-point type, and I should be able to do
the same thing is 12-point type.

Jim Wilson

--

% James R. Wilson, Professor & Head