How delete PS fonts from Windows\Fonts?

Frank Ganz fganz at SPRINGER-NY.COM
Wed Mar 31 10:30:57 CEST 2004

We had installed Y&YTeX on one Windows 2000 machine where the CM fonts didn't install correctly. All CM fonts in the Windows' Fonts directory were 0 KB. The first thing we did was delete them on the command prompt and then, in a separate step, delete them in the registry.

(1) Make a copy of the registry
(2) Edit the registry (you can search for the fonts so you find the correct location)
(3) Save registry

The fonts should no longer show up in the fonts directory.

I only don't see the reason to not have the fonts in the fonts directory in the first place.