How delete PS fonts from Windows\Fonts?

Frank Ganz fganz at SPRINGER-NY.COM
Wed Mar 31 10:44:07 CEST 2004

Your error message or the fact that you are unable to uninstall
your fonts from the fonts directory may point towards a problem
during font installation.

We had a similar or the same scenario when we installed Y&YTeX
on one Windows 2000 machine a year ago. The CM fonts didn't
install correctly. All CM fonts in the Windows' Fonts directory
were 0 KB.

The only way to uninstall them was by doing what you were doing
(i.e.: deleting them via the command prompt), next we had to
edit the registry. Do you feel courageous enough to to do that?

On my Windows 2000 machine:
(1) Start: Run regedit
(2) Registry: Export registry
(3) In the left panel: Open up file tree
        My Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Type 1 Installer > Type 1 Fonts
(4) Delete the fonts you want to delete there
(5) Registry: Exit (I believe, I don't find a save button and I have no reason to edit anything now, so I won't try it out)

The fonts should no longer show up in the fonts directory.

I only don't see the reason to not have the fonts in the fonts
directory in the first place.

Thanks,
Frank