BibTex

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at CL.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Jul 8 22:28:49 CEST 2004

> Thanks for your response.  I agree with you that I am running plain tex on
> *.aux.  This is clear from the log file.  I do not want to do this.  I want
> to run bibtex on the *.aux file, correct?

actually, no.  bibtex is terribly literal about this:

  bibtex thing

processes thing.aux

  bibtex thing.aux

processes thing.aux.aux -- something which typically doesn't exist.

>  So what is strange about this
> situation is that the DVIWindo menu is setup to run bibtex, but when I
> execute that item it seems to run plain tex.  I have been using Y&Y for
> about 10 years and have successfully entered menu items before, long ago for
> bibtex, so I'm really surprised that I'm not able to do it now.  Any ideas?
>
> On point 1, no. Adding the the code did not resolve the issue, as I now have
> the problem described above.

was it saying it couldnt find a file?

> >BiBTeX|F4=C:\YANDY\BIBTEX\bibtex.bat @.aux

i would guess that removing ".aux" at the end of that line would do
the business.

(but i don't currently have a y&y installation so i can't test it.)

robin