another windows xp problem?

Christina Thiele cthiele at ccs.carleton.ca
Fri Jan 23 13:53:17 CET 2004

John.De-Bruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr writes:
n>
> Hello again. I have another strange problem using YandY tex on my windows XP
> laptop. This one started after I installed Microsoft Office. After I reboot
> the computer, when I run DVIWINDO it tells me it cannot find the fonts I am
> using (standard CM fonts). I look where I think the fonts are supposed to
> be, and they appear to be there, but DVIWINDO can't find them. I reinstall
> the fonts and everything is OK again, until I reboot the computer again, and
> the whole business repeats and I have to re-re-install the fonts.
>
> As I say, this only started after I installed Microsoft office, so my guess
> is that Office changes something that DVIWINDO uses to find the fonts, and
> reinstalling the fonts changes it back, but I have no idea what it might be
> nor how to stop this from happening.
>
> Any suggestions?
> thanks,
> John

> John R. de Bruyn          :  jdebruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr
> Laboratoire de Rheologie  :  phone: +33 (0)4 76 82 51 77
> 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9    :  fax: +33 (0)4 76 82 51 64
> France

Is there _any_ chance that you're installing things on a machine
_without_ doing it as the administrator? That is, one has to have
administrative privileges to install the whole shebang. I believe we
saw a similar situation several months ago, and it was indeed the
access issue.

Ch.

thread-index: AcPh4kkLD4lA0w5WSJ2+yOsxqgLjRwAAHPfw