another windows xp problem?

John.De-Bruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr John.De-Bruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri Jan 23 13:28:14 CET 2004

Hello again. I have another strange problem using YandY tex on my windows XP
laptop. This one started after I installed Microsoft Office. After I reboot
the computer, when I run DVIWINDO it tells me it cannot find the fonts I am
using (standard CM fonts). I look where I think the fonts are supposed to
be, and they appear to be there, but DVIWINDO can't find them. I reinstall
the fonts and everything is OK again, until I reboot the computer again, and
the whole business repeats and I have to re-re-install the fonts.

As I say, this only started after I installed Microsoft office, so my guess
is that Office changes something that DVIWINDO uses to find the fonts, and
reinstalling the fonts changes it back, but I have no idea what it might be
nor how to stop this from happening.

Any suggestions?
thanks,
John

John R. de Bruyn          :  jdebruyn at ujf-grenoble.fr
Laboratoire de Rheologie  :  phone: +33 (0)4 76 82 51 77
38041 Grenoble Cedex 9    :  fax: +33 (0)4 76 82 51 64
France